Bowling Green Council of Teachers of Mathematics (BGCTM)
The Bowling Green Council of Teachers of Mathematics (BGCTM) is a student organization that promotes professional development for aspiring mathematics teachers.
BGCTM welcomes all Adolescent/Young Adult, Middle Childhood, and Inclusive Early Childhood Education majors. Guest speakers and various activities broaden students’ knowledge and understanding of how to teach and grow as educators. BGCTM establishes a way for students from common majors to interact and learn from one another. You can develop your passion for teaching by joining BGCTM!
2019-2020 Executive Board
Upcoming BGCTM Meetings and Events
- Monday, September 16th - Presentation by NCTM President, Trena Wilkerson @ 6:00 PM in OLS 113
- Saturday, September 28th - STEM in the Park @ 9:30 AM in Perry Field House
- Friday, October 25th- OCTM Annual Conference @ Kalahari
- Thursday, November 14th - Make and Take event @ TBD
Meetings and Accomplishments of 2017/2018
- Thursday, September 13th - Presentation by UNLV math education professor and former BGSU Emeritus Professor of mathematics, Dr. William Speer @ 6:30PM in Olscamp 117
- Saturday, September 29th - STEM in the Park from 9:30AM - 2:00PM in the Perry Field House
- Thursday, October 4th - Fresmen Panel followed by Math Trivia Night @ 7:30PM in Olscamp 117
- Wednesday, October 24th - Joint meeting with engineering preservice teacher at Ohio Northern University
- Wednesday, December 5th - Presentation by Findlay High School math teacher, Maria Nielsen @ 7:30PM in 210 Math Science