Thank you for your interest in MACIE, the Master of Arts in Cross-Cultural and International Education.
Please consult the BGSU Graduate Admission requirements to ensure that you meet basic requirements for admission to the university.
1. Upload these materials directly to the BGSU Graduate College:
- Graduate College Application (The Graduate College only accepts online applications)
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination) Scores
- Transcripts from all institutions of higher education where you earned a degree.
- Unofficial Transcripts are acceptable for the application, but official transcripts must be sent if you are admitted and attend BGSU.
- Application Essay of no more than 1000 words that includes:
- Your reasons for wanting to join the MACIE Program;
- How your background experiences have prepared you for the Program; and
- Your career goals.
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vita.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation with Reference Forms. Each recommendation consists of the (a) Reference Form, and (b) a brief, 1-page letter of recommendation. Both documents should be submitted together, either by the recommender, or the student. We strongly suggest that at least one recommendation from an academic reference and one that is related to your professional work. Recommendation Form can be found here.
- Please be sure that your letter writers upload this form directly to the BGSU Graduate College.
- International Students are required to submit TOEFL/IELTS scores, unless English is your first language, or you were educated in English-medium schools.
- Optional: Graduate Assistantship Application (if you are seeking any financial support from the MACIE Program, including RPCVs).
- Optional: For Coverdell Peace Corps Fellows Program Applicants (United States Peace Corps), send a copy of your Description of Service. This is not required for the application, but the DOS must be submitted if you join our program to be considered a Coverdell Fellow.
- Fall Term Application Deadline: February 15, to be considered for a graduate assistantship in the following academic year. A student admitted to the Fall Term may defer until the Spring Term with approval of the Program Coordinator.
- Spring Term Application Deadline: November 15. Students may join the program in the spring, but graduate assistantships are generally not available until the following Fall Term.
- Summer: MACIE does not admit students for the Summer Term.
Questions about the application process?
Contact the MACIE Program Coordinator, Dr. Bruce Collet
firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (419) 372-9549.
Helpful hint: When you request transcripts, test scores, and other materials for your MACIE application, order an extra copy or two for your personal files, especially if the documents come from outside the United States.