HMSLS Graduate Student Grant: Funding for Theses, Projects, and Professional Travel

Funding Guidelines

  • Graduate Students may request grants to defray expenses associated with thesis research (HMSL 6990), Master’s projects (HMSL 6910), or travel to conferences where they are presenting their own research or research with a faculty member.  
  • Grants may be requested once per academic year for up to $200 for theses, Master’s projects, or professional travel to present research.
  • A student who receives funding in one category (e.g. thesis) is not eligible for funding in another category (e.g. travel) during the same academic year.
  • If a student’s study is part of a faculty member’s research project, the requested funds to defray only costs incurred by the student.

Disbursement of Funds

  • Students will submit the HMSLS Grant Application, prior to the deadline, to the Graduate Program Coordinator.
  • The Funding Committee, composed of one representative from each specialization (Kinesiology, Sport Administration, and Leisure & Tourism) will review requests and make recommends on funding to the Graduate Coordinator.
  • Students receiving funding for research expenses should submit receipts for their expenses to HMSLS secretary.