Master's of Athletic Training
Beginning Summer 2020 BGSU will offer a graduate degree in Athletic Training. Please check out this FACT SHEET for more information.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Masters degree, students in Athletic Training are expected to be able to:
- Collaborate in inter-professional practice with a variety of healthcare professionals.
- Integrate research and standards of evidence based practice and quality improvement in clinical decision making.
- Develop a patient centered plan of care that emphasizes appropriate diagnosis, management, and treatment of injuries and illnesses in an active population.
- Provide AT services to medically underserved and/or diverse populations.
- Foster effective communication with and between patients, administrators and other healthcare professionals utilizing healthcare informatics.
- Demonstrate ethical, moral, and legal behaviours of athletic training clinical practice.
- Distinguish the profession of athletic training within the broader climate of healthcare.
Bowling Green State University [BGSU] is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. BGSU has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission since 01/01/1916. The most recent reaffirmation of accreditation was received in 2012 - 2013. Questions should be directed to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
Bowling Green State University programs leading to licensure, certification and/or endorsement, whether delivered on-line, face-to-face or in a blended format, satisfy the academic requirements for those credentials set forth by the State of Ohio.
Requirements for licensure, certification and/or endorsement eligibility vary greatly from one profession to another and from state to state. The Master's of Athletic Training program requires professional licensure. For more information on licensure, click here.
Under the Higher Education Act Title IV disclosure requirements, an institution must provide current and prospective students with information about each of its programs that prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.
The Athletic Training program is not a recognized occupation that requires a Gainful Employment disclosure.
Bowling Green State University Athletic Training program is a recognized Academic Insitution Member of the World Federation of Athletic Training & Therapy (WFATT). The WFATT's vision is to recognized as an essential part of multidisciplinary health care teams worldwide. This designation aligns with the MAT program's mission of developing lifelong learners who provide high quality patient-centered care with a global perspective.
Updated: 04/13/2022 01:12PM