AMPD Minor Program
Apparel merchandising and product development (AMPD) is proud to offer a dynamic minor for undergraduates who are eager to make their mark in the competitive apparel industry. Open to all non-AMPD majors across BGSU, this niche program is your gateway to a challenging, satisfying and in-demand career in the fashion industry.
Why choose to minor in AMPD?
- Regardless of major – art, marketing, interior design, theatre, tourism, business – the AMPD minor offers specialty skills and value-added career options
- Apparel-specific computer-aided design software
- Fashion trend reports
- Merchandising strategies, product knowledge and textiles
- Collaborative learning environment
- Introduces students to a national and international network of retailers
- Exposure to fashion destinations
- Ohio is ranked in the Top 10 retail states by total impact, resulting in employment opportunities
Required Minor Courses: (15 total credits)
AMPD 1510: Apparel & Textile Industry
AMPD 2510: Fundamentals of Apparel
AMPD 2810: Textiles for Apparel
AMPD 3510: Fashion Forecasting
AMPD 4510: Global Sourcing and Trade
Electives: Choose two of the following courses: (6 total credits)
AMPD 2020: Merchandising Math
AMPD 2400: Computers for Apparel
AMPD 3130: Technical Design
AMPD 3600: Omni-Channel Retailing
AMPD 4020: Merchandising Soft Goods
To declare a minor, request a MINOR REQUEST FORM from your College advising office.