The University of Edinburgh
To evaluate the recruitment and retention practices of the senior resident position and recommend ways to increase participation in these endeavors.
Scottish Higher Education
* Schools of professional training & focus on intellectual process rather than students' personal lives.
* Until 1998, higher education for U.K. residents was free to any student who met admissions criteria.
* When applying to university, students first apply to the Universities' Central Council on Admissions (UCCA). The UCCA serves as a clearinghouse and passes on rejected applications to the next university.
* We are two countries separated by a common language.
* Student Services in Scotland are much more hands-off than in the United States.