What's the difference between SEARCHING and BROWSING?
BROWSE COURSE CATALOG allows you to see detailed information for every class BGSU has to offer, including courses that are not being taugh at this time. You'll first see credit hours and course descriptions, but clicking "VIEW CLASS SECTIONS" reveals more details about sections that have been taught within the last year or are scheduled for a future semester.
Remember to limit your search to online courses by changing the Course Attribute to "Web Based" and Course Attribute Value to "100% Web Based".
SEARCH FOR CLASSES allows you to search for a specific class or subject area being offered in a specific term. The search will include all classes that are available for registration or have been taught within the last year. This is where you will find section numbers, required books, and instructor information.
How can I narrow my search to show only ONLINE courses?
1. Select the term you wish to registering for (Fall, Spring, Summer - pay attention to the year!)
2. Enter the following Search Criteria
- Campus: Distance Learning
- Course Attribute: Web Based
- Attribute Value: 100% Web Based
3. OPTIONAL: Refine search to specific course subject, course
number, course career (undergraduate or graduate), etc. If you don't
know the subject or number, you can enter keywords under
"Additional Search Criteria."