The University Classroom Committee (UCC) is comprised of personnel from Academic Affairs, Planning Design and Construction, Information Technology Services, Enrollment Management, and Registration and Records.
Effectively manage all of the classrooms on campus to provide excellent learning spaces for the students and faculty within the resources available.
- Review all classroom utilization rates of Grid and departmental classrooms
- Establish a target utilization for all classrooms to achieve.
- Maximize the utilization of all classrooms across the school day thus reducing the total number of classrooms needed.
- Recover all departmental classrooms back into the Grid.
- Define classroom classifications (e.g. small/medium/large, active learning, lecture, telepresence, etc.) and how many of each type will be necessary to be maintained.
- Annually prioritize available funding for classroom upgrades based upon a defined set of criteria.
- Annually approve classroom technology standards.
- Associate VP of Capital Planning and Campus Operations (co-chair)
- Chief Information Officer (co-chair)
- Associate Provost
- Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Assistant VP of Campus Operations
- Director of Client Services - ITS
- Interim Director of Capital Planning
- Director of Design and Construction
- Director of Registration and Scheduling
- Associate Dean in the Graduate College
- Other members as needed