The planning phase of a project is intended to define the overall scope and cost of a project, not to work out specific design details or construction methods. Proper planning takes time.
- The Project Request Form is now completed and submitted on line. This electronic process was developed in an effort to speed up the PRF approval process as well as to save paper and printing costs. When you select "CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT REQUEST" on the form, an e-mail will pop up addressed to Planning, Design and Construction with a PDF version of your request attached. Please attach any supporting documents you may have to this e-mail and click send.
- Once received, Planning, Design and Construction will forward your Request to your Department Chair, Dean and/or Vice President (and Provost if applicable) to obtain the electronic approvals necessary to proceed with the planning/programming of your project. To avoid delays, please make sure that they are aware of your Project Request prior to submitting.
- Planning, Design, & Construction will set up a meeting with the Department Head and other appropriate stakeholders to identify the proposed project's requirements, considerations, and challenges. On larger projects (or projects of multiple complexity), a Feasibility Study may be required to fully and accurately determine the project scope, cost and schedule.
- The Project Request Form is then updated with the final scope, budget estimate, funding source and estimated project schedule. Once complete, it will be sent electronically to your Dean and/or Vice President (and Provost if applicable) for approvals to proceed with construction, and finally to the VP of Finance and Administration for final approval. Please note that all projects costing $1,000,000 and over must also be approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Upon final approval, a project manager from Planning, Design & Construction is assigned and Project implementation begins. Implementation on locally funded projects cannot commence until the funding has been transferred into a Project Account.