Academics and Research
The 2020-21 academic calendar has been modified to lessen the impact of COVID-19 on our campuses.
- We have canceled our 2021 Winter Session and the spring 2021 semester will begin on Jan. 11, 2021.
- We have decided to cancel Spring Break, and instead, are implementing five Wellness Days where classes will not be held on:
- Thursday, February 18
- Friday, February 19
- Monday, March 22
- Tuesday, March 23
- Wednesday, April 21
- The last day of spring 2021 classes is scheduled for April 23, with final exams occurring April 26-30, 2021.
Courses are being delivered in four modes, which together provide students opportunities to engage directly with faculty and peers while allowing flexibility to accommodate the needs of those who may be impacted by COVID-19. The combination of these delivery modes also allow us to practice physical distancing in all of our classrooms. Physical distancing is central to the safety of students, faculty and staff.
Any student who opts to do 100 percent remote classes for health reasons is able to participate in the classes through various means. We are committed to providing you a full University experience both in and outside the classroom that meets your specific needs.
Classroom and Physical Space Protocols
- Classrooms and other learning spaces have been reviewed and redesigned to conform with CDC guidelines for physical distancing. Seating arrangements (chairs, desks, tables) have been labeled or removed.
- Classroom technology has been enhanced to allow for virtual and in-person learning.
- Buildings have marked entrances and exits for one-way traffic patterns that must be followed.
- Common spaces in classroom buildings have adjusted capacities to ensure physical distancing.
- Extra cleaning and disinfection is ongoing throughout all buildings on campus.