Track your way to success
It's been proven that people who track their calorie consumption and calorie expenditure are most successful in meeting their weight goals. To help you keep track of your progress use one of the sites below:
Determine how many calories you need each day
The Daily Plate
Allows you to track diet and exercise and is very user friendly
This site offers a free weight control program that includes food, exercise, motivation, community, and stress management. Sign up and receive the tip of the day. You can track your food intake and exercise.
Super Tracker is an online dietary and physical activity assessment tool that provides information on your diet quality, physical activity status, related nutrition messages, and links to nutrient and physical activity information.
Use the online tools to plan a week's worth of meals, inventory what food you have on hand, and compile a shopping list. The "Personal Nutrition Planner" offers somewhat individualized advice based on age, gender, food preferences, and weight management goals.
Living Healthy on the Go [PDF] - Smart Phone Apps
Remember: The key to maintaining your weight is to balance calories in vs. calories out. When you eat more calories than you need it means you will gain weight. Use the resources above to see how your meals, snacks, and activity fit into your calorie needs for the day.
Check out these healthy recipies to add to your diet! (All links are PDF's on external sites)
Eat Right 101 – Knowing the Basics
- Eat Right 101 Handouts: My Whole Food Plant Based Plate, Sample Menu, Nutrients of Concern and Recipes for Lentil Sloppy Joes, Chickpea Poppers & Instant Chocolate Pudding
- GO, SLOW, WHOA Pamphlet: All you need to know on choosing plant-based,whole foods.
Lab Results Interpreted
- Cholesterol and Triglyceride Management Guide
- Heart Disease: Nutrition Guidelines for Prevention
- Session 2 Handout: Sustaining the change tips and recipes for Tofu Ricotta, Apple Pie Hummus, Roasted Applesauce and Pumpkin Chili
Cooking Demo and Dinner: Grains 101
Watch as Sous Chef Brett Northcutt educates about the many tastes and wonders of grains!
- Quinoa Breakfast – white quinoa, water, cinnamon stick, brown sugar, citrus zest, roasted apples and toasted walnuts
- Creamy Amaranth – amaranth, vegetable stock, mushrooms, shallots, garlic and thyme
- Red Quinoa Stuffed Poblano Peppers– stuffing: red quinoa, water, bay leaf, onion, zucchini, yellow squash, corn, scallions, & walnuts, stuffed into roasted poblano peppers and served with a honey chipotle BBQ sauce
- White Bean & Faro Soup – carrot, celery, onion, garlic, vegetable broth, white beans, faro, swiss chard, parsley and basil
- Whole Grains: A - Z