Apply to be an OWGL
Listen to the OWGL Experience!
2017 Opening Weekend Group Leader Application
Thank you for your interest in the Opening Weekend Group Leader (OWGL) position. As an OWGL, you will be responsible for attending various programs and events, helping acclimate students to campus, and leading small group discussions with incoming students during Opening Weekend. Opening Weekend is an opportunity to help first-year students start their transition to BGSU successfully.
Please carefully review the information provided below as you consider applying for the Opening Weekend Group Leader position. We encourage you to contact Laura Novotny, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions you may have about this leadership opportunity.
Thursday, March 2, 2017; midnight
Group Interview Dates:
Saturday, March 25; 10am-1pm
Saturday, March 25; 3-6pm
Sunday, March 26; 2-5pm
Friday, March 31, 2017
Interested in applying? Follow the 3 easy steps below:
1. Read the position description.
2. Attend an OWGLpalooza listed below:
Attending an OWGLpalooza is a required step in the application process. All sessions will be in BTSU 201. If you are unable to attend one of the schedules sessions, contact Laura Novotny at email@example.com. Foor will be provided at each session.
- Tuesday, February 7th - 6:30-7:30pm
- Thursday, February 9th - 5:00-6:00pm
- Sunday, February 12th - 4:00-5:00pm
- Tuesday, February 14th - 7:30-8:30pm*
- Monday, February 20th - 6:00-7:00pm
- Wednesday, February 22nd - 8:00-9:00pm
- Sunday, February 26th - 7:00-8:00pm*
* Earn Ziggy Points for attending.
3. Complete the Opening Weekend Group Leader application.
Applications will be completed and submitted via OrgSync. Please answer all required questions and complete all sections.
New OWGL applicants, previous OWGLs, Honors OWGL applicants, and past Orientation Leader applicants will use the same application link.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm (midnight) on Thursday, March 2nd. After the initial screening of applications, you will be notified of you status for the group interview round.