How To Identify Service-Learning Courses
Community-Based Learning, also known as service-learning, is a class based, credit-bearing educational experience which integrates academic material, relevant community-based engagement and/or service activities, and critical reflection based on a reciprocal partnership that engage students, faculty/staff, and community members in achievement of academic and disciplinary learning objectives and civic outcomes to advance public purposes.
To Identify Community-Based Learning Courses (Also known as Service-Learning Courses):
- Log into MyBGSU
- Click on "Student Center" in the left hand navigation bar.
- Under "Academics" select "Search."
- Under the "Search for Classes", enter the applicable information (e.g. term, career - undergraduate, campus, etc.)
- For the "Class Search Criteria" labeled Course Attribute - select "Experiential Learning."
- For the "Class Search Criteria" labeled Course Atribute Value - select "Community Based Service-Lrng"
- Click the "Search" button and the variety of courses meeting your criteria will show as the results.