MLK Jr. Day of Service
12th Annual MLK Jr. Day of Service Food Drive
Saturday, January 18th and Sunday, January 19, 2020
The Brown Bag Food Project and the BGSU Center for Public Impact are partnering to organize this year’s canvas for nonperishable donations for local food pantries. Click here to download a list of possible donations. The need for food donations in our area continues to grow. Food pantries, unfortunately, are always in dire need of donations. Please help us to alleviate hunger for local families as we cannot do this without your caring and assistance.
Volunteers are needed to:
- canvas Bowling Green to collect donations,
- sort donations, and
- help load donations.
Volunteers will meet at Grounds for Thought (174 S. Main St.) at the beginning of their chosen shift on either Saturday, January 18 between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm OR Sunday, January 19 between the hours of 12 noon and 6 pm. Please take a moment to sign up for a volunteer shift.
There are multiple ways to donate.
- Bowling Green Residents - Contact us and we'll send a group of canvassers to your doorstep on January 18th and 19th to pick up donations directly. Just call 419-960-5345 to add your address to the list. If you are not able to be home at that time, just leave your donations on the doorstep. If no one makes it to your door by 2 PM on Sunday, January 19th, please drop off donations at Grounds for Thought by 6 PM OR call the number above for pickup.
- Direct Drop Off - Drop off your donations at Grounds for Thought between 12 - 6 pm January 18th and 19th.
- On-Campus - Drop off donations the week before MLK Day at the Center for Public Impact in 100 University Hall.
- Monetary Donations - If you'd prefer to donate money you can make checks out to "Brown Bag Food Project" and the donations will be distributed among participating pantries. You can use any of the methods above for dropping off your monetary donation.