Leadership Certificate Program
The Leadership Certificate Program is a self-paced, comprehensive, leadership development program designed to encourage and recognize student leadership education and experiences at Bowling Green State University.
The program is adaptable so all students can work toward achieving this distinguished recognition. To participate, students must answer yes to the following questions:
- Are you interested in improving your leadership skills and abilities?
- Are you or will you be an active student leader at BGSU?
- Do you have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher?
- Are you committed to giving back through community service?
The BGSU Leadership Certificate Program Advantage
- Demonstrates student’s leadership and team development skills
- Highlights developmental outcomes of each leadership experience
- Assists students as they transition to leadership and team roles within a work environment
Class of 2016
Much like a diploma, this certificate signifies to me that I have worked hard and remained passionate about my personal understanding of leadership throughout my college journey.
Due to this accomplishment I believe that my inherent ability to take on more positions of leadership as I transition into the workforce will be that much more fluid.
Class of 2016
Completing the LCP has meant so much to me because it has led to a wealth of experiences here at BGSU.
I have made meaningful connections with my peers, who continue to inspire me with their involvements and accomplishments, and I have discovered things about myself that I didn't know I was capable of.
Class of 2017
I have learned that there is more to leadership than just being the "most prominent" member of the group such as the captain, teacher, or adviser.
Leadership comes in many forms, shapes and sizes, and with the right approach, mindset and goals, there is opportunity for leadership in every situation and circumstance.