Leadership programming at Bowling Green State University seeks to develop the following competencies in student leaders. The Center for Leadership is developing certificate programs that follow the 5 competencies in student leaders listed below. We currently have certificates for inclusive leadership, global leadership, and ethical leadership.
- Inclusion: Creating broad and safe environments that engage and support diversity.
- Purpose: Understanding personal and organizational values and establishing a sense of purpose that contributes to the development of others.
- Integrity: Acting in an ethical and legal manner that is harmonious with personal and organizational values.
- Group Development: The ability to manage and lead individuals in the establishment and execution of group goals.
- Global Citizenship: Versatility in leadership and communication style that is respectful of cultural context and implications.
The Global Leadership Certificate
The Global Leadership Certificate (GLC) was started Fall 2015. This program helps you with your versatility in leadership and communication style that is respectful of cultural context and implications.
View GLC Sessions Register for the GLC coming in 2019
The Inclusive Leadership Certificate
The Inclusive Leadership Certificate (ILC) was started in the Fall 2014. The ILC, offered by the Center for Leadership and the Office of Multicultural Affairs, is a program that will help you develop the attitudes, knowledge, and skills for inclusive leadership in an increasingly diverse world.
View ILC Sessions Register for the ILC
The Ethical Leadership Certificate
The Ethical Leadership Certificate (ELC) was started Spring 2017. The ELC focuses on integrity and ethics in your leadership at BGSU and beyond.
View ELC Sessions Register for the ELC