Leadership programming at Bowling Green State University seeks to develop the following competencies in student leaders. The Marvin Center for Student Leadership is developing certificate programs that follow the 5 competencies in student leaders listed below. We currently have certificates for inclusive leadership, global leadership, social justice, and ethical leadership.
- Inclusion: Creating broad and safe environments that engage and support diversity.
- Purpose: Understanding personal and organizational values and establishing a sense of purpose that contributes to the development of others.
- Integrity: Acting in an ethical and legal manner that is harmonious with personal and organizational values.
- Group Development: The ability to manage and lead individuals in the establishment and execution of group goals.
- Global Citizenship: Versatility in leadership and communication style that is respectful of cultural context and implications.
The Ethical Leadership Certificate (ELC) was started Spring 2017. The ELC focuses on integrity and ethics in your leadership at BGSU and beyond.
VIRTUAL ELC! We are offering a virtual, self-paced version of the ELC.
Sign up here to get enrolled and to continue your leadership education!
The Inclusive Leadership Certificate (ILC) was started in the Fall 2014. The ILC, offered by the Marvin Center for Student Leadership and the Office of Multicultural Affairs, is a program that will help you develop the attitudes, knowledge, and skills for inclusive leadership in an increasingly diverse world.
The Global Leadership Certificate (GLC) was started Fall 2015. This program helps you with your versatility in leadership and communication style that is respectful of cultural context and implications.
Registration Coming Spring 2021
The Social Justice Leadership Certificate (SJLC) was started in the Spring of 2019. The SJLC, offered by the Division of Diversity and Belonging, and the C. Raymond Marvin Center for Student Leadership, is certificate program allowing students to share their experience and learn from the experiences of others. It is designed to be a movement to challenge the cultural climate at Bowling Green State University and to understand how each individual plays a unique role in that cultural shift.
Registration Coming Soon
More info about the SJLC