National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD)
Through Bowling Green State University’s institutional membership, all faculty, staff, graduate students, and postdoctoral scholars have access to the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), which provides professional development, training, and mentoring activities. NCFDD resources are broadly applicable across academic disciplines and include a range of topics such as time management, overcoming academic perfectionism, how to develop a daily writing plan, how to write grant proposals, and more. These resources are provided by trained NCFDD mentors and offer a confidential area for problem solving which is available and accessible online. The NCFDD is dedicated to faculty success throughout a career lifespan and is an excellent resource for support, for increasing productivity, for learning effective time management, and for living a balanced and healthy life.
NCFDD member resources include but are not limited to:
- COVID-19 Support Resources
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Twelve monthly core training webinars
- Twelve monthly guest expert webinars
- Access to their Multi-Week Courses
- Audio, slides and transcripts of all workshops so members can learn at their convenience
- Private Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring and problem solving
- Moderated monthly writing challenges
Access to their Member Library, which includes workshop materials, referrals, and readings
How to Activate Your BGSU Sponsored Membership:
- Click the "Activate My Membership" button on the Institutional Membership page for BGSU
- Fill out fields: “username,” “firstname,” and “lastname” and click “Continue”
Important: You will not need to provide payment since BGSU has an institutional membership.
- Another screen “Step 2: Member Information” fill in form appears”. Fill out the required fields including selection of a password and click “Submit”. Important: Required fields are indicated with a red asterisk. All other fields are optional.
- At this point, your screen will display “Thank you for registering. You will receive an email when your sub-account is ready.” There is a button to view your invoice receipt. You can ignore this button since you are joining as part of an institutional membership.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your membership becomes active. It will take approximately 24 hours for your membership to be reviewed and for you to fully begin using your NCFDD membership.
For information about BGSU’s institutional membership, please contact the Center for Faculty Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org or (419) 372-6898.
If you have technical questions or concerns, contact the NCFDD Membership Relations staff via email: membership@FacultyDiversity.org or phone: (313) 347-8485 ext. 3.
Updated: 07/25/2022 08:47AM