CFE Faculty Book Clubs
The Center For Faculty Excellence is hosting book clubs for faculty. Book club topics will be focused on best practices in teaching and learning and will be facilitated by CFE Faculty Associates and Staff. Members will meet approximately 3-4 times throughout the course of the semester for discussion, dialog, and to share experiences with colleagues. The book club schedule, including the selected book and group facilitators is listed below:
Fall Semester 2018
- Book: Teach Students How to Learn, Strategies You Can Incorporate into Any Course to Improve Student Metacognition, Study Skills, and Motivation by Saundra Yancy McGuire with Stephanie McGuire.
- Facilitators: Connie Molnar
- Location: Olscamp 106
- Dates: Wednesdays: September 26, October 24, November 28, & December 19
- Times: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Book: A Guide to Teaching in the Active Learning Classroom: History, Research, and Practice by Paul Baepler, J.D. Walker, D. Christopher brooks, Kem Saichaie, and Christina I. Pertersen.
- Facilitators: Allison Goedde and Holly Barber
- Location: Olscamp Room 110
- Dates: Thursdays: September 20, October 18, and November 15
- Time: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Faculty Open Forum
There will be a different facilitator for each open forum to discuss a topic related to teaching and learning.
- Book: Shaping your Career: A Guide for Early Career Faculty by Don Haviland, Anna M. Ortiz, and Laura Henriques.
- Location: Olscamp Room 106
- Dates & Times: Thursdays:
- September 13 from 2:00 - 3:30 pm
- October 11 form 2:00 - 3:30 pm
- November 8 from 10:00 - 11:30 am
Book clubs are limited to 12 members and books will be provided by the Center for Faculty Excellence.
For additional information, contact Connie Molnar, CFE Associate Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419 372-7900.