CFE Faculty Book Clubs
The Center For Faculty Excellence is hosting book clubs for faculty. Book club topics will be focused on best practices in teaching and learning and will be facilitated by CFE Faculty Associates and Staff. Members will meet approximately 3-4 times throughout the course of the semester for discussion, dialog, and to share experiences with colleagues. The book club schedule, including the selected book and group facilitators is listed below:
Spring Semester 2019
- Book: A Guide to Teaching in the Active Learning Classroom: History, Research, and Practice by Paul Baepler, J.D. Walker, D. Christopher brooks, Kem Saichaie, and Christina I. Pertersen.
- Facilitators: Allison Goedde and Holly Barber
- Location: Olscamp Room 106
- Dates: Tuesdays: February 19, March 12, and April 9
- Time: 1:00 - 2:00 pm
- Book: Learner-Centered Teaching: Five Key Changes to Practice by Maryellen Weimer.
- Facilitator: Rita Pool
- Location: Olscamp 110
- Dates: Wednesdays: February 6, March 6, April 3, & May 1
- Times: 1:00 - 2:00 pm
Book clubs are limited to 12 members and books will be provided by the Center for Faculty Excellence.
For additional information, contact Connie Molnar, CFE Associate Director at email@example.com or 419 372-7900.