Pragmatic Practices for Teaching Associates Workshop
This is a discussion-based workshop for graduate teaching associates and will be guided by participants' interests. Participants will walk away with ideas, concepts, and techniques to improve their teaching and their students' learning.
This workshop will focus on:
- Encouraging contact between you and your students
- Developing reciprocity and cooperation between your students
- Encouraging and implementing active learning
- Giving prompt, accurate, and fair feedback
- Emphasizing time on task
- Holding your students and yourself to high expectations
- Respecting and enabling your students' diverse talents and ways of learning
Location: Olscamp Room 110
Contact the Center for Faculty Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-372-6898 to arrange a workshop for your unit.