Top Hat is a web-based teaching platform and classroom response system that utilizes the devices students already own to increase student engagement, performance, and satisfaction.
Top Hat Classroom overview video
You can use Top Hat to:
- Run live polls and quizzes to gauge understanding and track participation
- Take attendance
- Assign online homework and review material
- Host interactive discussions and tournaments
- Obtain anonymous feedback
- Automate grading
- More features
Top Hat requires minimal setup and can be used in any class.
- Instructors can use all of their existing slides, quizzes, and content to instantly launch a wide range of interactive activities.
- Top Hat is integrated with BGSU’s Canvas system.
- Top Hat is available to all BGSU faculty at no cost.
- When student access Top Hat for the first time they will be directed to a site to purchase a subscription.
- Students can purchase discounted Top Hat subscriptions to use in an unlimited number of courses for $16/semester, $24/one year or $45/five years.
Get started with Top Hat
Top Hat complements and integrates with BGSU’s Canvas LMS. The integration allows instructors to seamlessly sync grades and data collected through Top Hat with their Canvas gradebook. Additionally, students can use their Canvas credentials to log in to Top Hat (“Single sign-on”).
All faculty planning on using Top Hat are provided with a 1 on 1 training session. The session will focus on setting up your course and ensuring you are comfortable using the platform. Additional 30-minute instructional design sessions are also available.
After training, you will be connected with a dedicated support person who can be reached by phone and email for as long as you use Top Hat. Ongoing support extends to your students.
Top Hat can replace your textbook with an interactive e-text and test bank from our publishing partners at a fraction of the cost. Content authors can also use Top Hat to sell their materials directly to their students and the greater Top Hat community.
Jonathan Teixeira: email@example.com
Request a one-on-one virtual meeting with Jonathan (Note, this link will open an online calendar where you can choose a day and time that works best with your schedule based on his availability).