Teaching & Learning Certificate
The BGSU Teaching & Learning Certificate Program, administered by the Center for Faculty Excellence, is intended to assist instructors in planning a systemized path to professional development. Open to all BGSU faculty/instructors, graduate students, administrative and classified staff. The program provides opportunities to interact with colleagues across campus and to explore current, innovative, and effective teaching strategies that support student success.
This Certificate is a Way That Participants Can:
- Learn new teaching strategies that maximize student learning.
- Interact with colleagues across disciplines and explore diverse and innovative teaching techniques.
- Provide evidence of effective teaching skills.
- Apply new teaching concepts and assess their effectiveness in student learning.
- Earn recognition within the department, college, and across campus.
Program Eligibility Dates:
To receive a 2022-2023 certificate, participants must complete certificate requirements during the 2022-2023 Academic Year. Participants who submit their completed tracking forms before May 1, 2023 will be honored at the annual Teaching and Learning Summit.
Submit 2022-2023 Tracking Form
- Participants must attend one workshop from each of the five categories of: Expectations, Support/Academic Support Technologies, Engagement, Feedback & Assessment, and Inclusive Pedagogy within the program eligibility dates.
- View the CFE Workshop Page to see which categories each workshop falls into.
- Upon completion of training, participants will submit a list of workshops attended and a short reflection on the impact of the professional development on their teaching. Please use the BGSU Teaching & Learning Certificate Tracking Form.
Participants Who Complete the Certificate Program Will Receive:
- A certificate and a program completion badge.
- Recognition on the Center for Faculty Excellence website.
- Acknowledgement at the annual BGSU Teaching & Learning Summit (if submitted before May 1, 2023)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes. Graduate students can participate in the program and earn a certificate.
Yes. The program is open to all administrative and classified staff.
- Main or Firelands Campus
- Full or Part-Time
No, participants will need to select one category per workshop.
Book Clubs, Learning Communities, and External Events are not included as part of the Teaching & Learning Certificate Program.
For more information, please contact the CFE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: 05/04/2023 01:56PM