Bowling Green VCI
About Bowling Green VCI
Our collaborations within the City of Bowling Green are ongoing and multi-faceted. Each semester brings new opportunities and connections for community-based learning courses, community-based research, and meaningful partnerships between BGSU and Bowling Green. Through VCI Bowling Green we hope to focus our partnerships and help promote these opportunities more broadly to BGSU students and faculty. See the details below for more information about existing partnerships and how to get involved.
VCI Highlight - Court Street Connects
- As part of the City of Bowling Green Community Action Plan an innovative event called the Court Street Connects Festival will take place April 22, 2017. The day-long event is a creative way to test a complete streets redesign of Court Street by temporarily establishing expanded bicycle and pedestrian space for a week. A variety of family friendly events will take place at the festival including bike helmet fitting and give away, bicycle safety and maintenance sessions, face painting, information booths, Court House tours, and more. BGSU students, faculty, and staff have been involved in a variety of ways:
- POLS 6900, Public Administration Capstone – Graduate students are designing and implementing the process of gathering and analyzing data related to the temporary redesign of Court Street to assess pedestrian and bicycle usage. Instructor: Dr. Shannon Orr
- VCT 4670, Visual Communication Technology Synthesis – Undergraduate student designed logo and promotional materials for the event. Instructor: Laney Fugett.
- Graphic Design students assisting with designing and placing signs for event. Instructor: Lori Young.
- BGSU Office of Campus Sustainability – Providing orange bicycles to be used during event, recycling receptacles, and outreach to sustainability focused student organizations.
- BGSU Center for Community and Civic Engagement – Assisting with connecting campus units, student organizations, and community-based learning courses to the Community Action Plan and the Court Street Connects event.
For more information about VCI Bowling Green, contact:
Position: Associate Director, Center for Community & Civic Engagement
Address: 301 Hayes Hall
Past Community-Based Learning Courses and Bowling Green Partners
|Course||Course Title||Partner organization|
|ARCH 3210||Design Studio 2 - Community-Based Design Studio|
|BIOL 4530||Amphibian & Reptile Husbandry|
|CHEM 1280||General Chemistry Lab|
|COMM 2030||Small Group Communication|
|COMM 3000||Communication Research Methods|
|CONS 2350||Intro to Construction|
|CRJU 4200||The Criminal Courts|
|CS 4540||Software Development Project|
|EDFI 4200||Prac Individual/Small Group Instruction|
|EIEC 2230||Infants and Toddlers in natural Environment|
|ENVS 1010||Introduction to Environmental Studies|
|GSW 1110C||Intro to Academic Writing|
|HDFS 2300||Creative Learning Environments|
|HHS 1000||Seminar in Health and Human Services|
|MGMT 3050||Principles of Management|
|PSYC 2000||Teen Mentors|
|RESC 2000||Field Experiences|
|SPAN 4240/5700||Exploring Latino/a Culture through Service-Learning|
|THFM 6820||Theatrical Vision: Performance & Practice|
|VCT 4670||Visual Communication Technology Synthesis|
|COMM 4900||Independent Study (Peer Mentor)|
|CRJU 4200||The Criminal Courts|
|GEOG 3210||Cartography and Map Communication|
|GERO 4600||Mental Health and Aging|