Calendar of Upcoming Events
October PUSH Events
- October 10th, 3-4pm, online
- Building upon the Youth Engagement Advocacy series, this webinar will introduce the role of federal nutrition programs in combating hunger, introduce the “Farm Bill,” and explain the legislative process. The advocacy action for this session will be a letter or email to your Member of Congress. National FFA will co-host the webinar. MUST REGISTER.
- October 12th, 12:30-2:30pm, Jerome Parking lot
- Students who may be facing financial difficulties can expect to get a lending hand and a bag of groceries (including FRESH produce). There will also be information on food insecurity, what YOU can do to get involved, resources for students facing financial hardships, and tips for eating healthy on a budget!
- Deadline to apply: October 10th
- November 17 at the University of Akron (all day event)
- Propel Ohio is a leadership program that promotes civic engagement and inspires undergraduate students to grow into civic leaders in Ohio. Propel Ohio features a one-day statewide conference in the fall and 5 Propel Ohio Regional Gatherings in the winter and spring. Propel Ohio 2017 will actively engage with college students on issues that affect childhood poverty, including food security, inequities in education, and homelessness.