College of Technology, Architecture, and Applied Engineering
The College of Technology, Architecture & Applied Engineering's faculty and administration are committed to providing a strong program of quality academic advising for all students. The mission of academic advising is to assist students in moving successfully into, through, and out of degree programs. Faculty advisors are readily available. However, students should make appointments in a timely manner and prepare for their conferences with such items as tentative class schedules and questions.
The Undergraduate Student Services Office is located in 102 Technology. The professional staff is available to assist students with specific requirements, curriculum developments, career planning, academic appeals procedures, and general advisement in areas related to student success.
Students are advised by a professional advisor in the Undergraduate Student Services Office for their first two years. Faculty mentors complement professional advising. Teaching and advising schedules change every semester. At the beginning of each semester, faculty advisors post their advising schedules. The responsibility of contacting an advisor rests with the student. The Undergraduate Services Office supplements advising performed at the department level.
To ensure success, it is critical that every student develops a close advisor/student relationship. Both students and the college share a responsibility to offer/secure the best advising possible.
Students are responsible for:
- Attending Student Orientation, or an individual meeting with a college advisor prior to their first term of enrollment;
- Seeking advising from both the Undergraduate Student Services Office and their faculty advisor on a regular basis;
- Maintaining their own academic records, including the catalog of their term of admittance, transcripts, degree audits, evaluation of transfer work, and notes of previous advising visits.
The college is responsible for:
- Providing students with accurate information;
- Providing academic orientation programs for new students each term;
- Preparing brochures, handbooks, and checklists of major requirements to help acquaint the student with departmental requirements and opportunities available.
Updated: 05/18/2022 02:41PM