Falcon Internship Guarantee (FIG)
Bowling Green State University guarantees students who complete the Falcon Internship Preparation Program in two years, and meet the identified criteria, the opportunity to participate in an internship or other experiential learning activity during their undergraduate career.
Experiential learning options include a clinical, community based learning, cooperative education, design studio, education abroad, internship, juried exhibition, performance, or competition, performance studio, practicum, public policy project, or undergraduate research and scholarship.
Find out more about the program and application process below:
Falcon Internship Guarantee Scholars enjoy the following benefits:
- Save time and money by validating major and career decisions earlier in their college career
- Get text message alerts and email reminders for employer and graduate school networking events
- Receive high-impact experiential learning, full-time employment, resume, and interview assistance at no additional cost
- Seek enrichment in four highly sought-out competencies including self-reflection, leadership and soft skills, networking, and job-readiness
To qualify for the Falcon Internship Guarantee, students must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA unless otherwise approved by the Career Center
- Declare a major by beginning of their sophomore year
- Make satisfactory progress towards a degree
All incoming, first-year college students are eligible to participate in the program as Falcon Internship Guarantee Scholars, including those who have completed college credits during high school. Transfer students are not eligible at this time.
Falcon Internship Guarantee Ambassadors understand and share the value of the FIG program and how experiential learning opportunities shape their future careers. FIG Ambassadors also enjoy professional development opportunities including employer interactions, event planning and support, networking, public speaking engagements, and more.
You also can connect with us @bgsufig to learn more about the program, meet other FIG Scholars, and find out about our upcoming events!