Annual Sexual Assault Awareness Month 5K & Dog Walk
Thank you to everyone who participated in this year's activities! Check back soon for an announcement regarding race dates and time for 2018.
2017 Race Information - April 1, 2017
- BGSU Students: $12
- Non-Students: $20
- In person: (cash, credit, or check) at the Perry Field House or Student Recreation Center. Additional $5 fee for race day entries
- T-Shirts for people, bandanas for dogs
- Must register by March 1 to receive a t-shirt
- Top winners in age and gender receive a prize
Because we award prizes to top finishers according to age and gender, as is typical in races, we ask that you identify your preferred gender category or alternatively select “prefer not to compete for a prize”. We encourage transgender and gender non-conforming participants to race in accordance with their self-identified gender identity.
- Packet Pick-Up: 9 AM at the Student Recreation Center
- Dog Walk start time: 10 AM
- 5K start time: 10:15 AM
- Race begins and ends at the Student Recreation Center
Event proceeds benefit The Cocoon, which provides emergency and comprehensive support services to survivors of sexual and domestic violence 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Advocates are available to listen and provide options, empowering survivors from crisis through their journey of healing. Services are available at any time– hours, days, or even years after being victimized. Cocoon advocates can meet survivors at any safe location to offer assistance, and contact can be by phone only if that is preferred. All services are provided at no cost and are completely confidential.