The MAP or the Marijuana Alternatives Program is a service offered through the Bowling Green City Prosecutors office. The MAP is designed to allow those individuals charged with possession of marijuana and/or possession of drug paraphernalia to engage in an alternative educational opportunity and avoid the implications of a drug record.
• The individual must be a first time offender
• Attend and pay for a marijuana counseling or education course
• Complete 6 hours of community service
• Submit to 5 drug screens over a 6 month time period
• Avoid any new charges while in the program
• Pay all associated court costs and fees
The BGSU Counseling Center is an approved agency in which these individuals can complete their required marijuana counseling or education course. These individuals can complete their required counseling or education in either an individual or group format.