WYMO ReStore Thrift Sale 2018
Thank you to everyone who attended our WYMO Thrift Sale this year! It was a success! The next WYMO event will take place the summer of 2019! In the meantime you can attend our ReStore events which take place frequently throughout the academic school year. The schedule for these events can be found here.
This year marked BGSU’s Office of Campus Sustainability’s 17th annual "When You Move Out, Don’t Throw It Out" (WYMO) program, a campus-wide reuse and waste-reduction initiative! WYMO collects still-usable, but unwanted, items from students as they're moving out to prevent these items from getting sent to a landfill.
reStore Thrift Sale Details:
To reduce the need for additional resource consumption as well as reducing landfill waste, we're offering these donations back to the BGSU community through a two-day, blowout sale! Futons, minifridges, microwaves, fans, lighting, school supplies, clothing, and more... all at LOW prices! A great opportunity to prepare for Fall semester! (Cash & Credit Accepted)
Why buy new when you can reuse?
Interested in volunteering?
We need volunteers to help us run the reStore Thrift Sale by keeping shelves stocked & organized, assisting customers, staffing the doors, etc.
Lots 33, 34, K (Map Here)
Items that WYMO collects include:
- Non-perishable food (use up those extra falcon dollars to buy food to donate!)
- Personal items
- Household items
- Sporting goods
- Small furniture
- Cleaning/Office supplies
- ANYTHING that anyone who is moving out of their residence hall or apartment is willing to donate!
WYMO has benefited multiple non-profits such as:
- Ashera's Garden
- Aurora Project
- Better World Books
- Brown Bag Food Project
- CASA Program
- Children's Resource Center
- Cocoon Shelter
- Cocoon Shelter Food Bank
- Defiance County Furniture Bank
- Easter Seals
- First Step Family Violence Intervention Center
- First United Methodist Church
- Fostoria Baptist Church
- Food Recovery Network
- Habitat for Humanity
- Humane Society
- The Link
- Lutheran Home of Mercy
- Perrysburg Heights Community Association
- Salvation Army
- St. Aloysius Church
- St. Mark's Lutheran
- St. Vincent DePaul Society Food Pantry
- St. Vincent DePaul Society
- Many individual groups and families in need