Dean’s Guide to Practical Business Workshop
The Fall 2021 Dean’s Guide to Practical Business Workshop is designed to help prepare you for the working world. These four, two-hour workshops will cover what you need to know to prepare for your future business career.
- You must have at least a 3.00 GPA to submit your registration application.
- Registration is limited to the first 40 students who qualify.
- Only 1 excused absence is allowed. Must email Dean Braun prior to absence to be excused.
- Reward Points: 50 points for each session attended, 200 bonus for completing all (400 points total).
- Workshops will be held on September 13th, 20th, 27th & October 4th.
- This workshop is comprised of 4 sessions, detailed below:
Dressing for Success
Participants will learn about appropriate business formal, business casual, casual and formal attire
Participants will attend a four course dinner, courtesy of the Dean, and will learn about business etiquette at receptions, banquets and business dinners.
Participants will learn the fundamentals of business networking including networking on social media and networking at company and conference events. Students will receive copies of "How to Work a Room" and "Never Eat Alone," courtesy of the Dean.
This session will educate students on professional practices in business and industry, providing knowledge and skills needed to succeed when you enter the workforce. Focus on communication, professional practice, meetings, appearance, etc.
APPLICATION PROCESS: You must apply and be approved to attend this workshop.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, September 3rd, 2021 @ Noon
IF ACCEPTED, you will be notified by September 8th, 2021.