What is BizFit?
The College of Business BizFit challenge is a step-tracking competition designed to promote health and wellness amongst CBA students, faculty/staff, and alumni. Competitors will track their weekly steps and, at the end of the competition, the top three steppers will be rewarded with CBA swag! Competitors also have the opportunity to compete in the team category; the team with the highest average steps at the end of the competition will also win CBA swag!
When is BizFit?
This semester’s BizFit challenge will begin on Monday, March 14th, 2016 and end on Sunday, April 3rd, 2016. The deadline to register is Friday, March 4th, 2016.
Who can participate in BizFit?
The BizFit challenge is open to all students, faculty/staff, and alumni of the College of Business at BGSU.
Am I competing individually?
All competitors will be judged individually; however, competitors will also have the choice of joining a team. The teams are as follows: Alumni, AMA, Beta Alpha Psi, Business District, DSP, Econ Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Faculty, GMLS, ISO, NABA, SCMA, Student Ambassadors, and Women in Business Leadership.
What can I win?
You will receive 25 CBA rewards points just for signing up! The first, second, and third place individual winners will be able to choose a prize from the first, second, and third tier of the CBA rewards swag, respectively. Each member of the winning team will receive a College of Business t-shirt and sunglasses. Also, all winners will be featured at the Hatch watch party on April 7th!
Individual First Place
Each member of the Winning Team
Individual Second Place
Individual Third Place
Official College of Business BizFit rules
- The College of Business BizFit challenge is open only to students, faculty/staff, and alumni of the College of Business at BGSU.
- Competitors may use any device that tracks steps such as an app, FitBit, Garmin, Apple Watch, etc.; however, weekly step count will need to be verified via screenshot, exported FitBit data, etc.
- Students, faculty/staff, and alumni are able to sign up as individuals or join established teams.
- The established teams are "Alumni", "AMA", "Beta Alpha Psi", "Business District", "Delta Sigma Pi", "Econ Club", "Entrepreneurship Club", "Faculty", "GMLS", "ISO", "NABA", "SCMA", "Student Ambassadors", and "Women in Business Leadership".
- If a competitor chooses to join a team, he/she may only choose ONE team to join. He/she is unable to register under multiple teams.
- If a competitor chooses to join a team, he/she will also be judged as an individual and will therefore be eligible to win any individual prize.
- The team with the highest average steps will be pronounced the team category winner. Final average team steps will be calculated by dividing the total steps of each team by the total number of members of that team.
- Each competitor will record his/her weekly steps by filling out the step-tracking form and submitting it by the weekly deadline.
- Each competitor must submit his/her steps by the weekly deadline. If steps are not submitted by the weekly deadline, they will not be counted.
- The weekly
deadlines are the following dates:
- Week 1: (3/14-3/20): Monday (3/21) by 12 noon
- Week 2: (3/21-3/27): Monday (3/28) by 12 noon
- Week 3: (3/28-4/3): Monday (4/4) by 12 noon
- Student Ambassadors of the College of Business will be responsible for assuring that each competitor’s steps will be counted for in the appropriate team, if applicable.