The teaching projects I am working on include connecting students with employers and BGSU business alum through LinkedIn as part of their resume assignment. This gives students access to a large group of working professionals who can "mentor" students or can promote jobs their companies have available, including internships. This is a real world, hands-on project that students enjoy.
I think it is rewarding to help students through their college experience, taking advantage of as many opportunities as possible. It is also rewarding to be a facilitator in helping them launch their business careers and see them flourish once they graduate.
Besides teaching, I have responsibilities as the College of Business communications consultant. I work with the dean to create a communication plan for the College and then see that the various projects are completed. One of my main responsibilities is working on the monthly e-Newsletter that goes out to all of the COB constituents, featuring the "bright spots" of the College, as well as maintaining the COB website in terms of academic information and news. I like working with all of the faculty and staff on collecting information and writing the success stories.
Master's in Education, specializing in Career & Technology Education, Bowling Green State University, 2003
M.A. in English (Specialization in Technical Writing), Bowling Green State University, 1982
B.S. in Broadcast Journalism, Cum Laude, Bowling Green State University, 1979
- Lecturer, Bowling Green State University, 2014
- Instructor, Bowling Green State University, 1998 – 2014
- Instructor, Owens Community College, 1996 – 1998
- Instructor, University of Toledo, 1995 – 1997
- 2017 Leadership Council's Faculty Excellence Award for Teaching
- Nominee for College of Business Faculty Service Award (2012)
- Nominee for College of Business Undergraduate Teaching Award (2009 & 2003)
- 2009 Silver Addy Award (Advertising Club of Toledo) 2008 College of Business Annual Report