1. Why are you here?
2. What do you want to be when you grow up?
3. What are you going to do with your degree?
These are all questions you need answers to, and we help you discover those answers for yourself.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Determining your "CAREER" is a lengthy process, one that may or may not ever identify itself. What is most important are these 3 fundamental factors, when in your career:
- Does your work make you happy?
- Are you productive/knowledgeable in your job?
- Does your work fulfill your life's purpose?
CBA EXCLUSIVE RESOURCE:
We've created a personalized “Career Report” just for you, providing ideas and resources to help you find the path to your DREAM JOB.
CAREER "TEST" CUES:
Keep these facts in mind when taking career tests, in-person, online, etc...
- This test is for YOU and you alone. Be selfish with your perspectives and thoughts when completing.
- Do not predict the outcome. Doing so will bias the process, yielding inaccurate results.
- This is not a test. Results are not FINAL, they are meant only as a guide, or perspective.
- The more the merrier. Take more than 1 test and compare notes. We recommend at least 3.
There are many additional resources available to help you as well.
Focus is an online interactive career exploration and planning tool helping you discover your interests, skills, values, and personality. Explore occupations compatible with your personal qualities, preferences, and needs.
To access FOCUS:
- Log-in to MyBGSU web portal
- Go to Career Center under Student Services
- Select FOCUS: Find Your Career
- Log-in using the instructions
Click your major of interest below to see outlines of common career areas, employers, and strategies designed to stimulate opportunities.
NOTE: These areas are representative of typical career paths associated with each major and not a comprehensive list. Explore multiple majors to learn about all career opportunities.
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- MEDIA / BROADCASTING
- GLOBAL STUDIES
- HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- LOGISTICS / SUPPLY CHAIN
- INFORMATION SYSTEMS (IS)
- MUSIC BUSINESS
- RETAIL / MERCHANDISING
Choose from a variety of resources below...
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Fastest Growing Occupations
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Career Guide to Industries
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Fastest Growing Occupations by level of Education and Training
- U.S. News Career Guide
- Metropolitan Area Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates