Helping you hire the BEST.
Special Thanks to our Employer Partners!
SERVICES & RESOURCES
- Personalized Service (extension of your HR/Recruiting team)
- Position Advertising & Promotion
- Career Fairs & Special Events
- BGSU Alumni can get involved
- Also see "INVOLVEMENT & BRANDING"
- Position Advertising & Promotion Services
- See "PROMOTE YOUR OPPORTUNITIES" above
- Funding Resource
- Ohio Means Internships & Co-ops Program (OMIC)
- New Program Development
- Peer Comparison
- Internship Basic Requirements
- Minimum 120 hours (BA 4890) or 100 hours (COOP 50) completed in 1 semester
- Supervised by mentor providing insight to career/position (can not be a current BGSU student)
- Working in a professional place (location) of business
- Job duties directly related to career aspirations/degree
- Go here for additional details...
We would be happy to provide any and all of these services.
Please contact us so we can begin helping you hire the best.
INTERN & SALARY WAGE DATA
INTERNSHIP BENEFITS & CRITERIA
- “Trial Employment”, a low-risk investment, with potential for very high return.
- Meet specific and/or short-term staffing needs.
- Lead to increased full-time employee retention.
- Offers employers a chance to “give back”, providing student opportunities.
- Concepts learned by students, then exposed to employer, could bring the company’s next “big idea”.
The vast majority of internships offered through the Schmidthorst College of Business are paid. In the rare case a position is offered as unpaid, The U.S. Department of Labor states employers must meet all of these 6 criteria to offer an internship for no compensation:
- The internship, even though it includes actual operation on the facilities of the employer, is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment;
- The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern;
- The intern does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff;
- The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern; and on occasion its operations may actually be impeded;
- The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship; and
- The employer and the intern understand that the intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in the internship
NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION
We are proud to be continuously recognized for our efforts in many areas. Our dedication to students, employer partners, and the immediate, national and global community allow us to succeed.
Our students are well-prepared to join your organization and contribute immediately.
We will assist you in all aspects of recruiting and collaboration with BGSU's award-winning Schmidthorst College of Business.