Booking Guidelines for 21-22’ Academic Year
Hosting an In-Person Meeting or Event
Groups are encouraged to begin the planning process early and work with a member of the Conference & Event Services (C&ES) team to identify appropriate event/meeting space(s). As you begin the planning process, please take the following items into consideration:
- There is currently no requirement for physical distancing on campus indoors or outside, but we encourage physical distancing as much as the location allows to reduce the risk of exposure, quarantine or contracting COVID-19. We will work to provide physical distancing options whenever possible.
- If you are hosting a large event, it is recommended that you first consider an outdoor space location whenever possible. In addition to space availability, there are a number of factors to consider when determining if this is an option for your event, including equipment needed, weather/backup location, campus resources or services, power needs, food/beverage service, amplified sound, etc.
- Facial coverings are required for everyone, regardless of vaccination status, in indoor public settings on campus. As such, facial coverings must be worn at all times during your meeting/event, with the exception being a meeting/event that has food or beverage service through BGSU Catering. When food service is present, facial coverings may be removed when actively eating or drinking.
For meetings/events with food service please take these additional items into consideration:
- Food and beverage items should be consumed in a stationary manner, whether that is seated at a table or standing in a singular location in the meeting/event space.
- Facial coverings must be worn at all times prior to meal service, and must be placed back on once guests have finished their meals.
Virtual Online Meetings, Conferences or Events
University students, faculty and staff can use our BGSU Zoom platform to schedule your own meeting, conference or event using Zoom Meeting.
- BGSU has limited short-term licenses to assist groups with the Zoom Webinar platform. Please review this Zoom Meeting and Webinar Comparison link to ensure Zoom Webinar is the right fit for your event, and if you’d like to inquire about getting a short term license, send an email to our C&ES Manager Jeff Smith.
- C&ES is available to provide you with professional assistance for you virtual Zoom Webinar or Conference to include registration, website development/management, conference planning and day of technical assistance, should any of these services be of interest to you. To inquire about these professional services, send an email to our C&ES Director Patrick Nelson.
Table Space Policy
There are designated tables in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union (BTSU) that Registered Student Organizations (RSO) and/or University Departments may reserve only. No outside organization is permitted to reserve table spaces on campus, unless approved by the C&ES office. These table space rules apply to any table space location, inside any campus building, or in a dedicated outdoor space location. Additional table space rules are as follows:
- Facial coverings must be worn at all times except when actively eating or drinking indoors. No facial covering is required outdoors.
- No more than 2 people are permitted at any indoor table location at one time, outdoor table spaces do not have a limit, as to the number of persons present.
- Fundraising is permitted for RSO’s at designated table spaces.
- If a 3rd party partner is assisting with a fundraiser, a member of the RSO must remain present at all times with their partner, AND that partner must be listed in the By-Laws of the RSO.
- Any food product sold at a table, or anywhere on campus, must be individually wrapped and identified as a low risk product as per the University Food Service Policy.
- Items sold cannot be in direct competition with any items sold by BGSU Dining, Falcon Outfitters, or any other approved vendor as determined by C&ES authorized staff and/or BGSU Purchasing.
- No Credit Card solicitations are permitted
- Distribution of products or information by means involving shouting, yelling, or physically approaching individuals is prohibited, as is any interference with normal university functions or interruption of the free flow of traffic, inside or outside of buildings.
- All literature distributed must clearly identify the RSO or Department. Literature cannot be scattered around a facility, but rather must be distributed from the tabling location.
- No amplified sound may be used and any music/sound played from any electronic device must not be audible when more than 10 feet from the designated table space.
Updated: 08/23/2021 09:13AM