Sexual Assault Awareness Month 5K and Dog Walk
Virtual 5K and Dog Walk
April 1, 2020 - April 30, 2020
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). The goal of SAAM is to raise public awareness about sexual violence and educate communities on how to prevent it. Each year, Recreation and Wellness and the Center for Violence Prevention and Education sponsor the SAAM 5k and Dog Walk. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we are unable to hold the race as planned this year, but would like to encourage the campus community to take part in supporting SAAM by doing your own 5k or Dog Walk.
How to participate:
- Choose a day between April 1 and April 30 to go for either a 5k run/walk or take your dog for a walk.
- Practice social distancing while completing this activity.
- Document your activity:
- Take a photo/video
- Post photo/video and include the hashtags #BGSUSAAM2020 and #BGSUVirtual
- Optional: Caption your photo with a fact or statement about sexual violence and bring awareness to this important issue
- Encourage additional friends/family to join this movement and get involved!
Race timing and other event assistance provided by Dave's Running Shop.