Students with sufficient German proficiency have the opportunity to complete an internship during the semester break in February or, in some cases, during the spring term (March-June). Internships give you the opportunity to gain experience in the German-language job market, which can improve your career prospects. Our internships also count as a course. You can receive up to 3 credit hours upon completion of the internship, depending upon the number of hours worked.
The following organizations have offered internships to our students in recent years:
- ORF (Austrian Public Television) - assistant (2), 4-5 weeks in Feb.
- Fachhochschule (higher ed.) - teaching Assistant, organizational assistant (2), flexible summer term (March-June)
- Caritas Verein (social Service) - social work assistant (1), shifts or 4-5 weeks in Feb.
- Senior citizen support - senior care assistant (1), 4-5 weeks in Feb.
- Emco, Inc. (manufacturing) - translator, secretarial (1), 4-5 weeks in Feb.
- Salzburger Nachrichten (newspaper) (1), 4-5 weeks in Feb.
- Erhard Nonntal Kindergarten - English teacher to kindergarteners (1), summer term
- Akademisches Gymnasium - language assistant for secondary school (2), summer term
Note: We continue to look for new internship opportunities. Please let us know early, if you are interested in a specific internship. Placement will be arranged after your arrival in Salzburg.