Special features of the BGSU Russian program are:
- Four-year program of language and culture study--one of the best in Ohio.
- The program encourages undergraduate research projects.
- Small class size and personal attention.
- Campus-wide opportunities for learning more about Russia.
- The Russian program has an associated Russian Club and honor society, the Dobro Slovo National Slavic Honor Society.
Official BGSU major requirements
BGSU is the only public institution in northern Ohio to offer a full, four-year course of study in Russian culture and language. The Russian major provides a quality liberal arts education combined with language and learning skills. In comparison with others in the U.S., BGSU students have recorded above-average scores on standardized Russian tests.
IREX site - IREX is a professional organization.
American Councils/ACTR - combines information and learning resources.
American Association of Teachers of Slavic and East European Languages
American Council of Teachers of Foreign Languages
The Birch - an undergraduate journal of creative work and critical commentary regarding Eastern European and Eurasian politics, history, art, and literature
Moscow Embassy - Government jobs
Moscow Times job listings (by occupation) - offers the same perspective.
ExpatRU - The virtual community for English-speaking expats and Russians
St. Petersburg Times - The leading English-language Newspaper in St. Petersburg.
English First - English teaching positions in Russia
American Chamber of Commerce in Russia