GSW 1110, a three-hour course, introduces students to various conventions which are important in academic writing. In GSW 1110 students are introduced to the important skills entailed in prewriting, drafting, and revising, as they write papers that argue a position, papers that persuade, and papers that evaluate a written text.
As students work on their various 1110-level assignments, they are introduced to the following:
- choosing and narrowing topics
- navigating BGSU's libraries
- navigating and evaluating appropriate sources
- writing to a variety of audiences
- considering the role visual rhetoric and other technologies should play in their papers
- writing several necessary drafts to arrive at a polished, coherent final draft
- citing sources appropriately
- using acceptable documentation format
Upon passing GSW 1110, students are eligible to enroll in GSW 1120.
Questions regarding GSW 1110 may be directed to the General Studies Writing Office at 419-372-7885.