2018 Manny Vadillo Scholarship
The Office of Multicultural Affairs encourages you to apply for the 2018 Manny Vadillo Scholarship. The scholarship winner will be announced at the 2018 Latino/a/x Issues Conference on March 21, 2018.
Login with BGSU credentials, join the Office of Multicultural Affairs Orgsync page, and fill out application.
Deadline is February 2, 2018.
- Applicant must be a continuing undergraduate Latino student attending BGSU full-time fall or spring semester.
- Current cumulative GPA requirement 3.0.
- Applicant must submit a 1-2 page word document narrative explaining any campus or community service projects in the Latino community or participated in, and describe how it impacted in a positive approach towards the quality of your life at BGSU.
- Applicant must have financial need as determined by Student Financial Aid.
- A resume is recommended.
- Applicants are evaluated based on academic achievements, the required essay, community service, and campus involvement.
Manuel "Manny" Vadillo, served as the Senior Associate Director for the Center for Multicultural and Academic Initiatives (now the Office of Multicultural Affairs). Manny supervised professional staff and provided direction and leadership for the daily operations of the Center. He directed a monthly lecture series, taught UNIV 100 classes, and diversity workshops. In addition, he was a part-time instructor in the Department of Ethnic Studies, served as Chair of the BGSU's Latino Networking Committee of Staff and Faculty, and supported the Latino Student Union. While he is no longer active in the daily life of BGSU, he has strong ties to the university and the Latino community of Bowling Green, Ohio. In 1994, he co-founded the Latino Issues Conference. Five years later, he co-founded the Black Issues Conference. When interviewed about the Latino Issues Conference, Manny said, “This conference is a vehicle through which we are trying to share with the rest of the world that Latinos are an intricate part of society.”