Integrating ICPSR Social Sciences Resources into Research and Teaching
A workshop on using the Interuniversity Consortium
for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) resources
In addition to a general introduction to ICPSR, the workshop is designed to:
- Increase your skills at searching, downloading and beginning analysis of ICPSR data
- Assist you to locate data to bring data analysis into the classroom
- Familiarize you with ICPSR summer courses in quantitative methods and statistics
- Orient you to social science research opportunities at ICPSR
ICPSR is the world's largest collection of digital social science data - www.icpsr.umich.edu. These data can be used for secondary research, instructional activities, and to write articles, papers or theses.
Data cover topics including sociology, political science, economics, demography, education, child care, health care, crime, minority populations, aging, terrorism, substance abuse, mental health, public policy, and international relations.
Registration is required due to limited seating. To register, please send your name, email address, and department/affiliation to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 13, 2013
Lynette Hoelter, Director of Instructional Resources, ICPSR.
Linda Detterman, Director of Marketing and Membership, ICPSR
- DATE: Wednesday, September 18, 2013
- TIME: 1:00-3:00 pm
- LOCATION: 247 Technology Building, Labs C & D