College of Technology, Architecture, and Applied Engineering
Department of Engineering Technology
264 Technology Building, 419-372-2439
The Quality Systems (QS) major emphasizes quality principles designed to provide professional preparation for emerging leaders while integrating science, mathematics, engineering, and technology (STEM). The QS major, originating in manufacturing, has emerged as an interdisciplinary area of study now being applied in health care, services, construction, government, education, military and retail organizations, among others.
Also known as "2+2 degree completion," the QS major is based on a completed associate degree in STEM-related professional areas for students desiring a BS in Technology degree. Students may complete some hours at locations other than BGSU, based on advisement, and remaining requirements online through BGSU. All courses are delivered 100% online in a 7-week format via BGSU eCampus.
A degree in quality systems prepares individuals for careers in the manufacturing, healthcare, government, military, education, service operations, engineering, banking, finance and construction industries. Quality systems is an expanding field essential to every discipline. Graduates with a Bachelor of Science in Technology majoring in quality systems obtain positions as quality engineers, quality technicians, quality managers, Kaizen Champions, Continuous Improvement Leaders and Lean Enterprise Leaders, among others.
Quality Systems Program Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of quality, mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined quality related problems appropriate to the quality systems discipline.
- An ability to design quality management systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs of stakeholders for broadly-defined quality related problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature.
- An ability to conduct quality assurance related standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to reduce variation and improve processes.
- An ability to function effectively as a member, as well as a leader, on technical and project teams.
Updated: 03/16/2022 11:55AM