Sales and Services Marketing
Schmidthorst College of Business
BSBA areas of specialization
Department of Marketing
240 Maurer Center, 419-372-2041
The specialization in Sales and Services Marketing is a more focused option than the general marketing specialization. This specialization is the only undergraduate curriculum of its type in the U.S. given that it focuses on the synergy between sales and services marketing. These two areas are complementary as salespeople can only be successful by delivering superior service to their customers. Further, the U.S. has shifted to a service based economy and most college graduates begin their careers in sales jobs - so this specialization leads to tremendous employment opportunities.
BSBA general degree requirements
Students completing the Sales and Services Marketing specialization must complete University, general degree, admission core, and business core requirements for the BSBA degree, including admission to the BSBA program. Students who pursue both a Marketing Specialization and a Sales and Services Marketing Specialization, must complete at least 15 credit hours toward one specialization that are not counted in the other specialization.
Sales and Services Marketing specialization (21 hours) - Spring 2021 course requirements
- Grade of "C" or better in MKT 2010 to enroll in advanced marketing courses
- Grade of "C" or better in each course taken as part of the specialization
- MKT 3400, 4050, 4420, and 4500
- Three courses (9 hours) from MKT 3020, 3200, 3350, 3500, 4000, 4100, 4120, 4150, 4160, 4200, 4300, 4320, 4350, 4450, 4550, 4890; MGMT 3300, 3610, 4560; FIN 3400, 4130, 4140, 4210, 4350
- Students are strongly encouraged to meet with their marketing faculty advisors about their program of study.
Updated: 03/26/2021 04:27PM