BG Perspective (General Education Curriculum) Credit for Transfer Courses
If a course taken at another institution is an approved general education course at that institution, then we should, in most cases, award BG Perspective credit for it when the student transfers here.
- If a course transfers in as equivalent to a BG Perspective course at BGSU, the course fulfills a BG Perspective requirement as an automatic consequence of the transfer.
- If a course does not have a BGSU equivalent, it will transfer in as 1XXX or 3XXX. In that case, if the student can provide documentation that the course is an approved general education course at the originating institution, the college will have the authority to grant BG Perspective credit at BGSU, provided that the general education domain requirement that was fulfilled at the originating institution also exists at BGSU.
- If a course fulfills a requirement at the originating institution that does not exist at BGSU, then the course may not be used to fulfill a BG Perspective domain category requirement. However, in this case, the credit hours earned for the course can count towards BGSU's required 36 hours of general education coursework.
- Transfer equivalency of English composition courses will be determined by the University Writing Program program.
- If a course without a BGSU equivalency is not approved as a general education course at the originating institution, the course will not receive BG Perspective credit at BGSU.
Updated: 04/02/2020 10:49AM