Transfer Module for Institutional Credit Transfer
The Ohio Board of Regents' Transfer and Articulation Policy established the Transfer Module, which is a specific subset of the entire set of a college or university's general education requirements. The Transfer Module contains 54-60 quarter hours or 36-40 semester hours of specified course credits in English composition, mathematics, fine arts, humanities, social science, behavioral science, natural science, physical science, and interdisciplinary coursework.
A student at BGSU who intends to transfer to another Ohio school may wish to complete the BGSU Transfer Module, which will thereby satisfy appropriate portions of the other school's general education requirements. Similarly, a student who has completed the Transfer Module at another Ohio school will automatically meet the requirements of the Transfer Module at BGSU, once the student is accepted. The student will have thus completed all or most of the BG Perspective program requirement at BGSU. The student may also have to complete a course in cultural diversity in the United States and GSW 1120. Depending on which courses are used to meet the arts/humanities and social science components, the student may also need to take an additional course in international perspectives. See BG Perspective curriculum.
- GSW 1110, 1120
- 3 or more hours from: MATH
1220, 1260, 1280, 1300, 1310, 1310 & 2320, 1340; STAT 2110,
- 6 or more hours from at least two discipline
areas from: ACS 2000, ARTH 1450, 1460; CLCV 2410, 2420; ENG 1500,
2610, 2620, 2640; MUCT 1010, 1250; PHIL 1010, 1020, 1030; POPC 1600,
1650, 2200; RUSN 2160
- 6 or more hours from at least
two discipline areas from: CAST 2010; ECON 2000, 2020, 2030; ENVS
1010; GEOG 1210, 1220, 2300; HIST 1510, 1520, 1800, 2050, 2060; POLS
1100, 1710, 1720; PSYC 1010; SOC 1010, 2020, 2310
- 6 or more hours (including at least one of the starred lab courses) from: ASTR 2010, 2120; BIOL 1010*, 1040*, 2040*, 2050*; CHEM 1000, 1090* & 1100*, 1250*, 1350*, GEOG 1250; GEOL 1000, 1040*, 1050*, 2150; PHYS 2010*, 2020*, 2110*, 2120*
- An additional 12 hours selected from any of the above.
Students meeting the requirements of the Transfer Module receive the following benefits in addition to satisfying elements of BG Perspective curriculum:
- The policy encourages receiving institutions to give preferential consideration for admission to students who complete the Transfer Module and either the associate of arts or the associate of science degrees. These students will be able to transfer all courses in which they received a passing grade of "D" or better. Students must have an overall grade point average of 2.0 to be given credit for the Transfer Module.
- The policy also encourages receiving institutions to give preferential consideration for admission to students who complete the Transfer Module with a grade of "C" or better in each course and 90 quarter hours or 60 semester hours. Students must have an overall grade point average of 2.0 to be given credit for the Transfer Module, and only courses in which a "C" or better has been earned will transfer.
- The policy encourages receiving institutions to admit on a non-preferential consideration basis students who complete the Transfer Module with a grade of "C" or better in each course and less than 90 quarter hours or 60 semester hours. These students will be able to transfer all courses in which they received a grade of "C" or better.
Admission to a given institution, however, does not guarantee that a transfer student will be automatically admitted to all majors, minors, or fields of concentration at that institution. Once admitted, transfer students shall be subject to the same regulations governing applicability of catalog requirements as all other students. Furthermore, transfer students shall be accorded the same class standing and other privileges as all other students on the basis of the number of credits earned. All residency requirements must be successfully completed at the receiving institution prior to the granting of the degree.