Guidelines for Transfer Students

College of Technology, Architecture, and Applied Engineering

Students transferring from another college within BGSU should contact the College of Technology, Architecture and Applied Engineering's Undergraduate Student Services (USS) office (419-372-7581) to set up an appointment with an academic advisor. At the appointment, the advisor will review the program's requirements and the student completes the college transfer form with the advisor. There is no formal orientation at that time, but the advisor will answer questions about the student's new major. When the student meets with an advisor, course requirements, co-op, and matriculation requirements will be reviewed. 

Students transferring from another institution

Upon admission, a student’s coursework will be evaluated, and those courses appropriate for the major will be used to satisfy specific degree requirements. Depending on the background accumulated at the two-year institution, some introductory courses may be waived even if the student has not taken courses directly equivalent to those required at the University under the guidance of advisors and faculty.

Students with an associate degree from an accredited institution may waive one of the required cooperative education courses. Students employed, 40 hours/week for 12 continuous months, in a field related to their chosen major may receive co-op course credit through the Credit by Examination (CBE) process. 

Updated: 03/07/2023 11:32AM