General Business Minor
Schmidthorst College of Business
Undergraduate Student Development
114 Maurer Center, 419-372-2747
The general business minor is designed for students who are majoring in non-business fields and want a foundation in business. The general business minor is available to all students except those completing a BSBA degree or majoring in business education or marketing education in the College of Education and Human Development.
Minor (24 - 26 hours) - Fall 2020 course requirements
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade, and only courses for which a grade of "C" or better is earned will be counted toward the minor.
- All course prerequisites must be met.
- ACCT 2000 or 2210 (credit allowed for only one)
- ECON 2000, 2020 or 2030 (credit allowed for ECON 2000 or for both ECON 2020 and 2030)
- FIN 3000
- MGMT 3050 or 3600 (credit allowed for only one)
- MKT 3000
- Select one from: MATH 1220, 1230, 1260, 1280, 1310, 1340 or BA 1600
- Select six hours from business courses at the 3000 level or above, with the following restrictions:
- no more than three additional hours from ECON, FIN, MGMT or MKT;
- no more than six hours from BA, ESHP, IS LEGS, or STAT;
- independent study, workshop, or internship courses may not be used to fulfill minor requirements (currently numbered 3950, 3960, 4890, 4910, 4920, 4950);
- no more than six total hours may be taken from any one business discipline (including required courses).
All students must complete at least 15 credit hours toward the minor that are not counted in the student's major or specialization or in another minor. Substitute courses must be approved by the Schmidthorst College of Business.
The total number of hours earned in College of Business courses may not exceed 25 percent or 30 hours of the 122 needed for graduation, counting the major and minor (six hours of STAT and nine hours of ECON are exempt from this limitation).