Bachelor of Liberal Studies Degree
College of Arts and Sciences
The bachelor of liberal studies degree program is one option available to the student whose interests extend beyond a single academic major or more traditional interdepartmental program. The degree's flexibility may make it an appropriate option, for example, for nontraditional students who enroll only in evening courses. The student seeking the liberal studies degree works with a college academic advisor.
Students pursuing the Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) degree program must complete an application for admission into the program in addition to their application for admission to Bowling Green State University.
To apply for the BLS degree program the student must have:
- BLS application - must be submitted any time before the 14th day of the semester in which the last 12 hours are begun
- Completed no fewer than 30 semester hours of college-level work
- Submitted a personal essay of 2 to 3 pages, which articulated relationship between the student's long-term and short-term goals and educational path
For students to be eligible to graduate in the BLS degree program, they must have:
- Completed the requirements set forth in the previous section above and admitted into the BLS program
- Satisfactorily completed a minimum of 122 hours with a 2.0 cumulative grade point average
- Completed at least 40 semester hours at the 3000/4000 levels
- Completed the University's BG Perspective Curriculum (as listed in the Undergraduate Catalog)
- Completed 100 hours of coursework within the College of Arts and Sciences
- Completed no more than 27 hours in any one department/discipline as part of the 100 hours of Arts and Sciences coursework
When a student is pursuing a Liberal Studies degree and desires to complete another Arts & Sciences degree, no more than 18 hours from Liberal Studies can be counted in the second major requirements.
Updated: 10/30/2020 01:38PM