College of Education and Human Development
College of Education and Human Development programs are designed to provide intellectual challenges and opportunities for practical application of knowledge that enable our graduates to assume responsibility as future leaders.
The BGSU Professional Education Unit, including all teacher and other school professional programs, is fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) in partnership with the Ohio Board of Regents (OBR). In addition to this broad-level accreditation of all professional education programs at BGSU, individual educator preparation programs maintain national recognition through compliance with the standards of their specific professional associations.
EDHD also holds the following national accreditations in Human Development:
- Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE)
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Council on Rehabilitation Education (CORE)
- National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA)