BGSU Alumni Volunteer Expectations Agreement
All members of the Regional Network Leadership Teams approved to hold a position will be based on demonstrated involvement, support and their strong commitment to Bowling Green State University. In accepting this three-year commitment, the member agrees to fulfill the requirements and meet the responsibilities associated with regional leadership.
These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Attending and participating in all scheduled regional leadership calls. If unable to attend a meeting, to submit in advance of the meeting a written response related to action items on the agenda, updates on your region and plans for the next quarter.
- Serve as University ambassador and advocate by communicating and supporting the Foundation’s mission and purpose. This includes sharing if your area has a Regional Scholarship and acknowledging the recipients of that scholarship.
- Contributing financially to the University by inspiring alumni, friends, students, faculty, and staff to be donors and assisting in the collection of philanthropic resources for the benefit of the University. All leadership members are expected to be current donors at any level (recommended giving to regional scholarship funds, when applicable).
- Develop funding support by assisting the staff in development and fundraising efforts by arranging introductions, encouraging friends and associates to attend special events and incorporate fundraising in a minimum of one event per year.
- Each member of the Leadership team must be free of any conflicts of interest.
- Leadership helps to protect the reputation of BGSU and will lead by example.
Examples include: wearing your BGSU spirit wear, sharing your story or experience at BGSU, sharing the work BGSU does for public good and creating engaging events that bring alumni together and help them remember their experience.
- Representing the University and Alumni Association at institutional and alumni activities both locally and on-campus whenever possible.
I have read the above and commit to abiding by the above expectations, to the best of my ability:
Updated: 07/27/2021 12:02PM